One Week until Black Friday, folks! It’s gift guide season!!!
I LOVE gift guides. And pretty soon we’ll be knee-deep in them. One thing I don’t love about gift guides is that I feel like very few of them are actually helpful for me. Some are too “themed” (25 Gifts for the Game of Thrones Lover! 10 Gifts to Impress Your Quilting Mother-in-Law!). But my primary complaint is that they’re usually a little too expensive for my taste. Like, yeah, I’d love to buy my sister a $200 sleeping mask. But no actually I wouldn’t and we also have a $50 limit soooooooo…
You can find awesome gifts for under $50 for everyone on your list. And if you’re like me you might like to do a lot of your shopping online (thank you Prime, you da real MVP). Like Leslie Knope, I really love buying gifts for people and trying to come up with good ideas. I started putting together some gift guides last year but then realized it was mid-December and I wasn’t sure how helpful they would be at that point. But THIS YEAR. This year I got my ish together to share some gift ideas with you WELL in advance.
I’ve spent a couple of weeks online window shopping, talking to friends and family, and putting together a list of ideas that, in theory, should work for ANYONE. Sometimes you have no idea what to get for someone – they already have it all, they don’t like traditional things, or you don’t know them very well. I also tried to include a variety of prices, from <$10 stocking stuffers up to $50 tops. I hope they’re helpful!
- Cookbooks – I would personally love Chrissy Teigen’s Cravings!
- C.O. Bigelow’s Rose Salve – there just isn’t a better all-around balm in my opinion!
- Lush Bath Gift Set – This set is festive AF, but don’t rule out a single bath bomb from $5-8 as a stocking stuffer.
- Cute Phone Case – I LOVE this Shop Ban.do one, and you can find great options on Amazon, and basically any other places you shop. All you need to know is what type of phone she has.
- Comfy Blanket – these knit ones from Target come in a variety of colors, but you can get great blankets anywhere. (Our favorite one came from Costco!)
- Scarf – Scarves, like hats, gloves, and jewelry, are great because you don’t need to know sizes. I love a plaid blanket scarf, fuzzy knit infinity scarf, or the trendy new handkerchief/skinny scarves for a fashion savvy lady.
- Makeup Gift Sets – Some people avoid makeup because you can’t always predict the types they’ll wear or which shades work for them, but gift sets usually take that into account. At this time of year Ulta and Sephora have incredible gift sets! The one I’ve shared here is Girl o’ Clock Rock at Ulta – it’s all the best Benefit products in trial size for $45! It’s awesome.
- Purse pouches/Makeup bags – cute pouches can always be used. I store makeup, hair supplies, snacks, pens & stickers for my planner, and basically anything else I need to organize in cute pouches I find.
- S’Well Water Bottles – my best friend got me one last year and I use it constantly. Pretty and incredibly useful, with tons of options!
- Fountain Pens – The Beard says this is a great “beginner” fountain pen, and they’re a super classy way to sign important documents.
- Manly Soap – because regular soap just isn’t masculine enough. This large bar on a rope is a cool option!
- Shoe Cleaning Kit – men love their shoes, and everyone could use a kit like this to help them clean everything from white sneaks to suede boots.
- Pocketknife – there are a variety of options for any budget, but this Kershaw is a really good option for any dude you know.
- Yeti Tumbler – These speak for themselves. They keep your beverage hot or cold for practically a week. It’s crazy. I got one for my birthday and I LOVE it for my road trip Diet Cokes.
- Stance Socks – Don’t let the image trick you into thinking they’re just good looking socks. They’re super high quality socks and the options are basically unlimited. NBA, NFL, MLB, NCAA, Star Wars, animals, and tons of other great designs and patterns. (Also great for women!!)
- The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Kit – The Beard rarely shaves but when he does he won’t use anything except this cream. A kit like this is super useful.
- Waterproof Bluetooth Travel Speaker – This Ancord speaker is chargeable, waterproof, and easy to hang anywhere. Golfing, yard work, boating, anytime!
- Funko Pop Vinyl – I’m obsessed with these. It’s not hard to find one that will match your dude’s interests – like Batman, Walter White, professional athletes, and more.
- A Pretty Monogrammed Tray – this Williams-Sonoma plate looks way fancier than the price and is great for cheese, serving, or just display.
- Cover Your Assets – this game is hilarious and so fun. Grandpa Beck’s sent me this game and I was so excited because my in-laws love it. I got a few of their other games to give to neighbors and couple friends.
- Restaurant Gift Cards – Idk why people are weird about giving gift cards, because they’re awesome. Give people a reason to go out on a nice date. Texas Roadhouse Rolls are a plus.
- Amazon Echo Dot – if you’re like me and didn’t want to buy a full on Echo, the Dot is a cool way to try it out on a smaller scale.
- Cool Coffee Table Books – Humans of New York is an interesting and safe bet, but you can cater your choices to what you know about the people you’re buying for.
- Blu Ray Sets – Of course I think it should be Star Wars, but pick any cool box set you think they’ll like! Bonus points for throwing in some candy.
- Movie Tickets/Vouchers – while we’re at it, movies!! Every movie theater will be offering gift baskets, or a Fandango gift card will be well-used too!
- Specialty Kitchen Appliance – A waffle iron, panini press, popcorn poppers, quesadilla maker… choose something cool and hook them up with the appliance and a mix or recipe for something they can make.
Other Killer Options
- Chocolate. You can’t go wrong.
- A plant! I would have never thought of this but my friend Dani gave it as a great suggestion.
- Barnes & Noble, iTunes, or Amazon Gift Cards – then they can get basically ANYTHING they want.
- Tickets – choose an event that is universally appealing or that you think they might enjoy.
- Scents – candles, car scents, perfumes, cologne.
- Cool Prints or Art – this can be tricky if you don’t know them well, so use caution
Let’s do this, guys! Let’s channel our inner Leslie Knopes and rock this holiday season!